Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Friends & Cookies

Now that I feel human again, I've been making small strides in cooking/baking.  I'm learning to pace myself so that I don't take any backwards steps.  There are some things I still can't do.  One of them is laundry.  We have a front loading washer (which I regret buying) and we never bought the drawers that go under them to elevate them.  In order to get the wet laundry out, I need to get on my knees and pull it out which is a HORRIBLE thing for me to do.  Needless to say, the kids have been doing all of it.   Dave will be making a box to set them on so that I can actually give the kids a break.  Maybe I'll delay that just a little while longer Hee Hee.


Well, back to the kitchen...I really enjoy cooking and baking.  Last week I made some banana cookies that I got from a dear friend.  They are amazing!  She says they are her most frequently requested recipe and now I know why.  I've had the recipe for a couple years but just now got around to making them.  They are like mini banana bread miracles.  
Thank you for sharing Ms Lori. 

Today I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies from a recipe that I got from one of my most admired ladies.  She never gives her recipe out but before we moved from Mesquite I hinted around that I would sure love her recipe.  The very next Sunday, she brought it to me and made me promise that I wouldn't share it.  Your secret is safe with me Ms. M.  
I will be taking some of these wonderful cookies down to some new neighbors who just 
moved in from Georgia.  I can't think of a better "welcome to the neighborhood" treat.


Ms. M's perfect cookies


Some of my fondest memories were getting home after school and smelling something wonderful coming from the kitchen.  I used to love it when my mom would make homemade bread or cookies and they were warm and ready to eat.  Nothing says comfort like that.  
So today, our home smell like comfort.


Two things that make cookies delish...First, most cookies don't need to be baked on a greased pan, so don't.  Second, use your timer!  I'm a legendary for always burning the last batch.  Just ask my family.   Why?  Because I get side tracked and I NEVER use the timer.  Today I did and every batch survived!!  Better late then never!

 

1 comment:

  1. I believe I've had one (or six) of Ms. M's perfect cookies when I came out to do a little packing. I remember them being Perfect! Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete