Monday, May 30, 2011

Racket Smack-it

Today is Memorial Day.  We tried to take the kids bowling at BYU but apparently everyone else had the same idea That place was packed!!  This did NOT bother Amanda one bit.  She takes after her mother in the "germ a phobe" area.  She didn't want to put her fingers in those "nasty holes" and where those "gross shoes".  I can't say that I blame her but I did remind her that we have hand sanitizer.  I guess it was good that there was no room for us there. 

After that we thought we'd take them for pizza at Costco since I needed gas in my man-van but Costco was closed!  Did they not know we were coming?  I mean really people!  By this time, we were wondering what else we could do since Dave had the day off of work and it's FREEZING outside until we got the great idea to gather a bunch of kids up and play a game of racket-smackit.  It's like baseball only with a racket and tennis ball.  

On the way home, we noticed that some new neighbors had just pulled up with a moving van and needed help unloading it.  They had just driven all the way from Virginia and looked exhausted!  So while Dave and the kids unloaded, I made them some dinner.  With all the teenage friends that the kids had called to play, it went very quickly.  I'm sure that the next time our kids call their friends to play a game, they will first ask if there is a service project involved.  The old "bait and switch" only works so many times, ya know.   They were good sports about it.

So, on to the game...

Here are some pictures of it.








These two are brothers.  The older one sat on his brother at first base to slow him down!

A swing and a...hit!  Too bad it only went 3 feet in front of her!

Bates brothers

They even talked Dave into playing, sucker!

They were nice enough to pose for me

I said it was COLD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment