Monday, September 19, 2011

Egg-cellent!

I'm going to put this under the heading... I'm and Idiot!  Yes indeed.  A full fledged, card carrying, bonified, idiot! 

This morning I put a pot of eggs on the stove to cook so that I would have hard boiled eggs for dinner tonight.  The plan was to make a chef salad with all of the fixings, which includes hard boiled eggs.  I then proceeded to get side tracked, which never happens (haha...NOT) and when I was stepping out of the shower, I heard a POPPING sound!  I thought perhaps I was hearing things or that maybe it came from outside.

Then I heard another popping sound, and then another, and another.  The sound seemed to be coming from the direction of the kitchen.  The light bulb finally turned on!  My forgotten eggs where exploding all over the kitchen!!!  

I wish I could turn blog spot into a scratch & sniff experience because the smell was, well, amazingly bad!  I would NOT recommend this to anyone.  I cleaned up the mess, opened all of the windows, lit a candle, plugged in some plug in's, and got the heck out of the house. 

All is well and the house is back to normal and we will be having chef salad after all.




Sprayed the floor...

Sprayed the ceiling...

Sprayed the cabinets...


Bless the person who invented these!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Man! That is not good! I've done that with carrots before, they didn't explode but I ended up having to throw the pan away.
    I love Jeff's homework notes- so funny!

    ReplyDelete