Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Work

Today I am grateful to be able to work!   With the additions that are coming our way very soon, I figured that I needed to do some rearranging of beds in order to accommodate them.  Sarah and Chris will be joining our household for the summer while he takes an EMT course and works to save $$ for next fall and Sarah will give birth to our very first grand baby!  

As soon as the kids left the house for school this morning I got going.  I dismantled and hauled the day bed and mattress upstairs to Amanda's room, because when she leaves, this will become our "official" guest room.  I, of course had to DIG my way through her piles of messes to dismantle her bed first.  That's always fun!!  Once I got her bed out, I could then do some MUCH needed vacuuming (I found "Hot Cheetos" remains under her bed, go figure) and then re-assemble the day bedThen I cleared Jeffrey's bed out of his room so that Sarah and Chris can camp out in there.  Jeffrey is kind enough to give his room up for 4 months and will be sleeping out in the open area of the basement.  What a nice brother!!

I washed ALL of the bedding for most of the beds in the house, remade beds, made 2 batches of cupcakes for YW tomorrow night (we're doing an etiquette dinner with food from different cultures) No, the cupcakes don't count as a different culture, they're just dessert.

My point is, that since my back surgery, I've not been able to work like I'm used to doing.  I've had to be very cautious about how I do EVERYTHING.   Today was no different but it felt really good to just dive into projects that I couldn't have done last year.

For my birthday yesterday I asked to kids to help me weed the front yard planters.  They did it without much fuss.  That's all I wanted from them and they did a great job.  It made me happy!  I'm really fairly easy to please.  I bought some plants and my goal for tomorrow is to get them in the ground.  

Work is good!  You don't realize that until you can't do it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment