Saturday, May 19, 2012

Senior Ball

So tonight is Amanda's Senior Ball.  This is a new custom for our family because when Sarah was a senior, they didn't do this.  Well, they had a "Senior Ball" but it was basically Prom.  This is a night JUST for Seniors.  You don't go with a date, you just go with your friends.  You dress up and get all Glam, they have a catered dinner (from Tocano's Brazilian Grill) and then they get to just hang out and mingle/reminisce with friends.  It's kind of like a nice farewell dinner for the Seniors.

A couple of days ago Amanda hinted around about me buying her a nice dress for the occasion and I just couldn't fork out any more $$$ so I told her no.  This month has been CRAZY expensive.  I'll tell you what, getting kids out the door is not for the weak kneed.  Every time I turn around I'm handing out money!!

Today she came to me and made this proposal...If she could find a (modest) dress for $20.00 would I buy it?    After I quit laughing, I told her to ask her dad, which she did.  He agreed to the challenge at which point I couldn't help but go along for the ride, just for pure curiosity sake.  I'm a doubter!  I admit it!

Well, Sarah came along too and we went to Ross...(dress for less).  We walked over to the dress section and Sarah pulled a dress off the rack and then then we spotted some more.  Amanda tried on 6 dresses but she ended up with the very first one she tried on.  And the price?  $26.99!!!!  Unbelievable!   It is perfect!


My cute girls: Amanda, Sarah and Celin

Sarah felt VERY short!

I felt VERY short!!

I love this picture!

Amanda, Grace and Celin

Three Beauties!!






No comments:

Post a Comment