Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Grand Day!

Today, I became a grand...person, grand...ma'am, grand...mommy. I'm not sure what I will eventually be called by our handsome new addition and quite frankly, he can call me almost anything he wants to because... I say so. He kinda melts my heart. Why? Because I get to watch my family grow and support and love each other in a way that inspires me and because I love watching my big, "intimidating" husband be so tender and loving to Sarah and her new little guy. I get to watch as Aunt Manda and Aunt Becca take turns cuddling and cooing with him. I can hardly wait until Uncle Jeffrey meets him, he's on a scout camping trip but will be home Saturday. It will be fun to watch as he fumbles to hold Owen the right way and get nervous when he cries.  I get to watch as the new mom and dad get "trained" by the little guy as they jump to attention at every squeak, sneeze, or gas bubble.  

I have seen such growth in Sarah and Chris as they look to each other for support even when they both feel like they have NO idea what to do with this little one.  They do!  They are WAY better than we were with Sarah when she born.

I was able to be there at the birth and will forever be grateful for that experience.  And when I say GRATEFUL, it covers so many thoughts.  Grateful that both Sarah and Owen are healthy, grateful for an AMAZING doctor and nurses who took such care and took the extra time to walk Sarah (and Chris) through this life changing event.  I have witnessed several births and I'd have say this was probably the best one.  It was perfect!  I'm grateful that we are an eternal family and grateful that it was her and NOT ME!  haha!  No, seriously!  There is a reason you do this when you are younger.  

Here are some photos of that day:

We had to eat lunch for goodness sake!

This was the first trip to the hospital that day

Five hours later...we stayed!  Sarah, working hard!

In between contractions and before the epidural

Contraction!!

After the epidural!!


I love this picture!  It says it all!


Time he was born!  That's AM

Poor baby.  He did NOT like coming out of his warm place

Amanda was able to be at the birth too.  Love the hair!

Doctor Anderson, the best doc in the world!
Our little guy.

Best feet ever!

"Poppy" stopping by during lunch to meet his grandson


Owen training dad


6 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Congrats Grandma :) That seems so odd to call you that... when I think of you guys I sometimes still see you with your four little kids (Becca being 2ish)!

    Thanks for posting all the pictures, he's a cute little man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, darling baby! Congrats to the new parents and grandparents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! He is so handsome!!!! Very happy everyone is doing well! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me cry. Love them all so much and I am so excited for them. There isn't anything in the world better than family. Can't wait to love on the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I am so excited for Sarah and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete