Saturday, October 9, 2010

Of Mice & Men (or Women)


So I wanted to share a great find of mine.  You know, every once in a while you find a product that actually works and it compels you to tell everyone about it.  One of these great finds for me was the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser".  It changed my life!  It cleans things like black scuff marks on floors, the refrigerator door handles, white shoe soles etc.  
I liked it so much that I told many a friends about them.  Some of them insist on giving my other friend credit, but we know the truth, ahem (Stacy).  I don't like recommending things because I don't want my name attached to it if it doesn't perform like I said it does, so I just don't, usually.  I make it a  rare occasion and this is one of those times.  

I have a secret confession to make.  We have MICE!  Oh the shame!  It's not my fault, really it's not. It's "farmer Johns" fault!  Well, that and the fact that we chose to live in a home that is surrounded by open space.  In fact, our back yard, as it were, is nothing but an empty field that is sloped down.  We are what's known as cliff dwellers and down below us is farmland and a golf course.  The other night I walked out onto our deck and their were deer on our slope but as soon as they heard me they ran down and into the field.  So you see why we have mice.  The other reason might be that this home sat vacant for the better part of a years so I'm sure the mice thought it was safe to move in.  So there you have it.  My secret is out!
Farmer churning things up.
My 2 best friends...for now!

 
Now for the product endorsement.  After having trapped 7 mice, I decided there had to be something more I could be doing.  As luck would have it, I was up late one night watching TV and there was an infomercial touting the benefits of this Ultra Sonic Pest Control devise thingy.  All you have to do is plus it in and whalla...problem solved.  Well, sort of.  We went a whole 6 days with not one trapped mouse but then apparently a deaf mouse came in.  The way this thing works is that it puts off a sound that pests don't like but that we can't hear and they are suppose to stay away.  No one told this last mouse about the plan!
I will continue to use both weapons and when we do have a trapped mouse, I will continue to ask Jeffrey to please empty it out and reset it.  It's good to have a son!

1 comment: