Sunday, March 27, 2011

Amanda's day of COLOR!

There is a very large and interesting building just to the south of us here in Spanish Fork.  It is the Hari-Krishna Temple.  Who knew that right in the middle of "Mormonville" there would be a popular Hari-Krishna Temple?  Every year they hold a color fest in which any one and everyone (Dave thinks it's only for the crazies among us)  goes up to their Temple and for $3.00 a bag, you can buy chalk dust to throw at each other.  The chalk comes in every color imaginable and I think it is edible or at least I hope it is... because this is how Amanda and her friends came home looking! 
I'm glad they went.  They had a blast!  People come from all over the place to throw chalk dust at each other and have a good laugh.  In fact, Amanda ran into Jessica Tichener (sp?) while they were there which is amazing because there are literally thousands of people there.
I found out later, on the news, that there were 40,000 people.  The largest crowd ever! 
Dave saw the news footage and asked me what it reminded me of.  It didn't take but a few seconds before I said "Woodstock Baby!"  Awesome, we just sent our daughter to "Woodstock"!  Well at least she only came home colored, not stoned!



Lilly, Grace & Amanda...Colored!










Oh, how I love this girl!

 Amanda still had pink chalk on her neck at church today.  You're only young once.

2 comments:

  1. I love Amanda. I love the chalk dust. I love the intercom and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, even in chalk Amanda is BEAUTIFUL! I love her.

    Second, I think living in Ashland has definitely had a lasting effect on the poor girl. This is why she was drawn to a Hari-Krishna fest-it can't be helped. Cheyenne went to that same fest two years ago and I was not surprised. There is no cure for being an Ashlander-even if you've moved away.

    Third, there's really no cure for Dave hating that fact either.

    Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete