Friday, March 25, 2011

Our newly discovered intercom system

I've discovered a new way of waking Becca up in the morning.  I call it the intercom system.  Ever since I've had back trouble is has been very difficult to navigate our stairs so I don't go down there unless I have to.  The basement had become the kids domain until recently.  More and more I am braving the stairs and the mess but mornings are still a bit difficult.  I used to go down there to wake Becca up but now this new way seems to be the best way of getting that girl out of bed on school mornings.  
See, her bedroom is directly under our office AND it just so happens that there is a perfectly good vent right there too.  Coincidentally, the other side of that vent is situated in her ceiling.  Soooooo... I call to her through the floor side and she answers through the ceiling side.  What could be better than that?

This is my side of the intercom...




This is her side.

I know what you're thinking...Suck it up and walk down the stairs.  To that I say, NO!
I have been getting down there more and more, much to the kids chagrin because now I make them clean up after themselves.  Momma's almost back in the saddle again.  Yee haw!
I think the kids enjoyed the "mom free" basement zone they had for 2 months, but I'm taking it back! 

1 comment:

  1. Mother ingenuity at it's best! You're my hero! I'm gonna go test my vents and see if it works. Oh wait a minute, I have a obnoxiously loud voice that echos everywhere. Shucks. Guess I won't need a "vent-a-com". But you Sharie, are a GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete