Friday, May 20, 2011

Broadway in Spanish Fork!

Her big moment!
Everyone loves an elementary school choir concert, right?  Well, Becca had her FINAL one the other night and she had a solo to perform.  The song was Popular from the play Wicked and she did a great job She was so nervous that I thought for a second that she was going to either throw up or bolt out of the theater!   

She started this adventure several months ago by getting to school early every Wednesday morning for choir practice.  One day she said, "I think I'm gonna try out for a solo part".  She has never been shy or bashful, in fact sometimes I think she is 12 going on 24!  It is just her personality.  So, she tried out and got the part.  She then came home and announced that she would be needing a white "puffy" dress for the performance.  I don't know about you, but I'm not about to spend $100+ on a 5 minute performance for grade school and I am not a seamstress so I did the only thing I could think to do. I went to the D.I. (a thrift store) in Provo and bought a $15 light blue prom dress.  Sarah was with me at the time and she has seen the actual play in NYC so she gave her approval.  With some $5 white high heel sandals (because the dress was a little too long) she was ready to go for $20!!

Before her part began, the school had the "little guys" perform some songs.  There is nothing quite like watching little first, second and third graders stand (wiggle) on risers in from of an audience.  I'm pretty sure I saw some nose picking, some pushing, some skirts being lifted like they were in a "can can" show, some twirling and such.  Always entertaining!  


Not sure why most of the kids are watching Becca except the one kid that is turned around.?

Acting it up...

Her "after the show happy face"!


This was a song from Peter Pan


See Becca standing on the back left.  She a full head taller than the boy next to her!  Poor kid!


This is the song "Hair".  Total crack up!!


A closer look at "Hair"!

1 comment: