Monday, May 16, 2011

Operation: Re-tread

While living in Mesquite I was a walker.  My friend Teresa and I would walk early in the mornings (to avoid the heat) or sometimes we'd walk a little later to avoid the cold wind on the winter mornings.  We had a great path figured out that was approximately 3 miles and we would walk it in about 40 mintues, give or take a little.  The path we took had some light hills so we'd get a fairly good workout three days a week.  

I actually enjoyed our walks but mostly I enjoyed the "therapy sessions" that went along with them.  No kids, no phones, no husbands...it was great.  We would talk about almost everything and we knew that it was just girl talk.  Now before your minds get carried away with thoughts of gossip session, stop it!  These were not bashing sessions.  Okay, sometimes we'd share "the news of the day" but nothing too personal and it stayed between us.  We talked a lot of politics and family stuff.


Since moving here, I haven't found a walking buddy yet so I stopped walking.  Then my back problems happened and that took away the option to walk for a long time.  I could feel myself sliding into a slump, physically and emotionally so I decided to research treadmills.  The winters here are just too dang COLD to go out in.  I spent a great deal of time researching them on the internet and found out some interesting stuff.  Then I got on KSL.com and researched used ones because I knew I didn't want to pay full price for one.   


Enter my new walking buddy...


Practically brand new for 1/2 the price!

It's still under warranty!



It even has a fan to keep me cool and it inclines to 10*

Today was my first real use of it.  I walked 1 mile in 20 minutes.  Not great but I have to build up my endurance againOh, and yesterday at church, I found a walking buddy for 2 days a week so I'll do that plus the treadmill the other 3 days.   Yeah for me!!

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking that I need to get a treadmill for our 1st winter in Wyoming.. I hope I can find a good deal like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I need to get out and exercise... but it's getting hot and that means I need to go out before work in the morning and I'm dreading it! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you finally tracked one down. Stay with it and it'll pay off. You and you're back will be so happy.

    How do you like the new furniture arrangement? Is it working out or just not as good of a plan as it sounded? It looks good. I'm sure the boys had to help get it all pushed around and I'm sure they complained the whole time but it looks cool. If you hate it that way just wait at least a month before forcing them to put it all back. That way they won't groan too bad about it the second time. (Take more pics so I can see where you hung the rest of the stuff and what you did with the piano.)

    Way to be a walker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that treadmill will be a great thing for you! I loved mine until my in laws took it back:(
    Also . . . I want your recipe for freezer jam . . . pretty please:)

    ReplyDelete