Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summertime!

For those of us that wondered if Ol' Man Winter would ever leave, today was a good sign that he did.  Oh, I know he'll be back but for now I'm really enjoying this fantastic weather.  Usually by this time in June I've become somewhat of a hermit, hiding from the scorching heat of the Mesquite sun but this year, I'm a LOVING this weather!  Not too hot, not too cold, not humid, it's just right for my taste.  The only thing that is bothersome is my allergies have been acting up but I can handle that.

Amanda, Jeffrey and Becca rounded up some of the neighbor kids for a game of splash kick ball.  The found kiddy pools, buckets, foam balls and had a blast.  Afterward, they made snow cones with some pretty weird combinations of flavorings.  Yuck!  I suppose I would have eaten them when I was their age too.

This is the "before" picture

Transporting the pool across the street to the park


Still transporting...

Amanda and friends


Snow Cones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment