Friday, January 27, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Aging is interesting, isn't it?  I mean, there are some really annoying things about it but there are some really good things about it too.  

Some of the annoying things are:
    Gray hair
    Weight gain... in new places Yippy!!
    Sleeping habits are weird
    Aches and pains for no apparent reason
    Eyesight worsens
    Hearing worsens
    Energy slacks
    Facial hair, just telling the truth here!

Now for some of the good stuff:
    You stop really caring about what people think of you
    You realize that you very rarely "have a dog in the fight" whatever the fight is
    You learn what "fights" are worth fighting for
    You know that "this too shall pass"
    You gain confidence in yourself and your abilities and understand your limits
    You KNOW who your friends really are
    You've made enough mistakes that you know a lot about how life works
    You've met and dealt with enough people that you can now "peg" a person...quickly
    You've learned what it means to be forgiven and therefore understand that 
      you must forgive.
    You know what relationships will last and how to make them last
    
So what brought this up?  Plucking my eyebrows and putting on makeup has become a bit tricky this last year so I decided it was time to buy a Magnifying Mirror for our bathroom.  I shopped around and found one that was 10X magnified so I brought it home and had Dave install it in our bathroom.  It's really pretty nifty!  It has a swing arm that pulls out from the wall and has a regular mirror on one side and the magnifying mirror on the other.  

This thing is amazing!  If you don't want to see EVERYTHING that your face has to offer the world, I wouldn't suggest getting one.  There are NO secrets here!!
   

Not sure why the picture get turned upside down on this side of the mirror....


and not on this side of the mirror.

That's my new bathroom accessory

So, aging is all in how you look at it.  Magnified or not!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of you in the mirror, makes me miss you!

    Way to be brave Sharie! I'm too scared to get "the mirror". Not sure I'm ready for the truth just yet. I know my eyesight is so bad that I'm coloring my eyebrows in WAY WAY outside the lines and I probably look like a clown. There's a 10x light up mirror in my future, I'm just in denial about it.

    ReplyDelete