Tuesday, January 10, 2012

When the Cats' Away, the BIG Mouse will play...

A couple of weeks ago I went with a group of Young Women to Temple Square to see the amazing Christmas lights...

and while I was gone, our head "mouse" decided it was time to purchase a ping pong table.  Oh, he wasn't very sneaky.  He has been talking about it for a couple of years, in fact when we lived in Mesquite he even talked about putting one out in our garage!!  Now, during half of the year it wouldn't have been bad but the other half would have induced heat exhaustion for anyone dumb enough to play considering the garage can get up to 150* in the summer.  I suppose it would have been a great exercise plan, used only by the most daring/stupid of people.  We could have called it "The sweat box workout"

The fact that we have a basement is what sealed the deal this year.  I resisted only because they are HUGE and they usually become junk magnets after the initial excitement wears off.  I was apparently over ruled by Head Mouse and his fast growing partner in crime (see below).  Testosterone wins again!

So what's a girl to do?  Blog everything!  Take LOTS of photos of them and post them here.  Dave is NOT a photo fan, so I think this punishment just might fit the crime. Except he really didn't seem to mind me taking these so my plan might just not work, dang it!  Either that or he figured that it was the least he could do to "smooth things over".    It worked!



See that beige couch and all of the stuff on it?  It is now in Idaho.

That brown book shelf is also in Idaho and file cabinet is in the garage.



On the bright side, our basement no longer looks like a hoarder lives down there because we got rid of a bunch of stuff when Sarah and Chris moved to Idaho.  Gone is the small couch, chair, and bookcase.  And an added bonus...the ping pong table makes a great laundry folding table.

Also, thanks to Santa, I was able to buy some shelves at Ikea to store my "junk" in and even took apart an old table and made a desk with them.  It's okay if I occasionally get beamed in the head with a ping pong ball because now we all have our own space.


I have my own sewing/craft table now




No comments:

Post a Comment