Friday, February 17, 2012

Hearts and Love

I saw a cute idea on Pinterest and decided to modify it a little to make my own.  I love wreaths for every season but with all the WIND around here, our door is getting hammered!  One day I'll have to repaint it but for now I needed an idea that would be more gentle on what paint I have left.

Instead of using a metal, wood, or twig base, I found some really cheap cardboard cake foundations at "The Walmart" and decided that it wouldn't take much effort to cut whatever shape I needed out of them.

I drew (freehand) the shape of the heart, then cut it with a x-acto knife.  Pretty simple.
Then I dyed some coffee filters using pink and red and a little brown paint diluted with water, squeezed them and set them out to dry overnight. 

Then one at a time I bunched them up, snipped the ends off and glued them to the heart shape, mixing up the red and pink so that it looked variegated.  Easy Easy!  And it is very kind to my door.

Next I'll try a shamrock and then I've got a slightly different idea for Easter.






My guy never forgets me on special days and for this last Valentines day he didnt disapoint.   When I got home from Rexburg I was greeted with the LARGEST CARD I've ever seen.  I have a box of cards he's given me over the years.  I'm not sure where I'm going to put this one :)






We have a running joke about who loves who MORE, so much so that about 10 years ago, I swiped his wedding band and took it to a jeweler to have the words "I love you...More" engraved on the inside.  He thought he had misplaced it for a couple of days and didn't have the heart to tell me.  By the time I confessed, he hadn't reached the panic mode yet and we had a good laugh about it.  I love my guy!

1 comment:

  1. Awh that cute! Just when I think guys aren't romantic or care.. they blow me away. Good job Dad! :) I want to do a 4 leaf clover wreath like that.. or an Easter one.. Let's think of something.

    ReplyDelete