Monday, March 5, 2012

Holding out!

Dave and I have been married for over 22 years now, and in that time I can count the number of times he has made dinner using nothing but my fingers and perhaps a couple of toes. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration but not by much. One thing that isn't an exaggeration is the menu, or lack thereof. He is a professional tater tot casserole maker, BBQer, and breakfast food maker but that is about it. But tonight...

He made CHICKEN CACCIATORI!! Seriously? Twenty Two years and he pulls this out of his hat? He's been holding out on me! I didn't see this coming. Ya, he casually walked into the kitchen and within 1 hour, he'd created a masterpiece! All the while he's reminiscing about how his dad used to cook the meals and how good he was at it. I knew this, but I assumed it was just the normal everyday "dad kind of food" NOT a restaurant quality meal. It was. Amazing! The kids and I voted that he cook this on a regular basis.

So there you have it. I obviously should have asked more questions...twenty two years ago!

1 comment:

  1. I just picked my jaw off the floor. Maybe there's hope for Mark! Those two seem to lead parallel lives. I'm really impressed with Dave, is he on some new medication or just finally discovered his inner chef? It was in there all the time, anyone who can make a killer omelet has to have other kitchen skills! What an absolutely delicious surprise.

    And I'm relieved that your blog title wasn't about what I thought it was! Whew! TMI.

    ReplyDelete