Monday, March 26, 2012

I called it!!

Dave returned home from Rhode Island yesterday and after all the hugs and kisses where given...he noticed the coffee table and said, "It looks like it's already been scuffed up.  What happened?" Hahahahaha!  When I explained that I had done that on purpose, his eyebrows went up and he asked, "Why?"  He then proceeded to to tease me (in that passive/aggressive way) about why I went through all that work just to rub it off again.  Oh well, he always says he doesn't understand "fashion" or anything creative.  I would agree with that!  But I still love him, nerd and all.

In other news:

Jeffrey has found a new passion in life.  He has discovered Water Polo!  I suppose it's only fitting considering that he has two older cousins that were players and now he has a brother in law who played/plays.  Frankly, I don't know how he doesn't DIE or DROWNED in the pool.  I would last about 10.3 seconds wading the pool and then I would quietly (or not) slip to the bottom of the pool and wait to be rescued (or not)!

The one thing I've noticed is that you can't judge a book by it's cover when it comes to water polo players.  I've seen some kids that are solid muscle, like they've been pumping iron for years, and they can't seem to last very long.  The swimming back and forth and wading in the pool kicks their butts and they huff and puff.  Then there's the kids that look like they just got out second grade and they swim circles around the "big" guys.  There's just no telling what kind of player they will be until they are in the water.

I've also noticed that there is one great equalizer when it comes to water polo.  How do I say this gently?  It doesn't matter if you are one of the most popular kids, nerdy kids, smart kids, not so smart kids, pudgy kids, fit kids, rich kids or poor kids.  When they put those caps on, they all look like, well, less than cool!!
Yes, the great equalizer.  I understand the purpose of them but good grief, they are funny looking. 

Here are a few pics of Jeffrey's game last week against Herriman.  I didn't get a picture of it, but he did an awesome backwards shot and made it!

Getting ready to play



Chasing the ball and getting chased...

One of many battles

Trying to keep the ball

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Jeff looks so awesome playing! I can't wait to watch him. And I think the table looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny what Dave said, classic! And wow I'm impressed with the water polo. I would drown for sure.

    ReplyDelete